Hello everyone, first of all I would like to apologize for my extended awful appearance and voice. I am suffering from Bells Palsy and so I am going to be a bit of a challenge. Also somehow the audio got recorded from my camera instead of my external microphone so the audio in the first parts of the video is horrible. Just a series of challenges this time.
Today I am making a perfect dish for valentine’s day this year, you can also make it for those romantic date nights or your special anniversary, vegan piccata, it makes two, is quick and easy to make, and will help make you lucky.
- 1 each Gardein vegan chicken scallopini thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Approximate plus to taste and to cook the pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Approximate
- 1/2 cup white flour Approximate
- 3 tablespoon earth balance stick (1 T plus 2T)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Use the cheap stuff Plus ~1/2 cup to cook and coat the pasta
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon no chicken vegetable base
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed also slice off a couple slices to garnish if desired.
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley minced, plus to garnish
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine birds nest Be sure no eggs.
- Season gardein with salt and pepper. Dredge gardein in flour and shake off excess. Mix the vegetable base with the white wine and set aside.
- Fill a stock pot with water, add approx 1/4 cup olive oil and sea salt. Should taste like the sea. Bring pot up to boil and cook fettuccine nests according to directions while you are cooking the piccata. When nests are done, drain well, and toss with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or cast iron skillet on medium high heat melt 1 T butter and 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. when it is hot add the scallopinis and sauté until brown on one side. Flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until other side is brown.
- Bring heat up to high and add wine mixture and white pepper and reduce until halved. Add the lemon juice, capers, and parsley and cook until thickened. Remove from heat, place scallopinis on side of pan, add the 2 tablespoons earth balance and mix until the earth balance is just incorporated into the sauce. Place the scallopinis back in the sauce and give it another quick stir.
- Place a bed of pasta on a plate, add 2 pieces of gardein on top, put half the piccata sauce on top, and garnish with lemon wedge and parsley. Repeat with other plate.